Dialogue-based interaction with graphical data
Former research with the Laboratory of Dialogue Systems, LSD. This research group aimed at developing techniques and applications enabling the visually impaired people to explore pictures by means of natural language. Our approach was based on ontology-based semantic modeling, automated picture annotation, and smart dialogue interaction.
Related research projects:
- Dialogue generation of web presentations and graphics for visually impaired people (2007 – 2010)
- Human-computer interaction, dialog systems and assistive technologies (1999 – 2004)
- >> all project and their descriptions
Selected related publications:
- KOPEČEK, Ivan and Radek OŠLEJŠEK. Annotating and Describing Pictures — Applications in E-learning and Accessibility of Graphics. In Computers Helping People with Special Needs: 12th International Conference, ICCHP 2010. Berlin: Springer-Verlag, 2010. p. 124-130, 7 pp.
- KOPEČEK, Ivan and Radek OŠLEJŠEK. Dialogue-Based Processing of Graphics and Graphical Ontologies. In Text, Speech and Dialogue. Proceedings of 11th International Conference. Berlin: Springer, 2008. p. 601-608, 8 pp.
- KOPEČEK, Ivan and Radek OŠLEJŠEK. Hybrid Approach to Sonification of Color Images. In The 2008 International Conference on Convergence and Hybrid Information Technology. Los Alamitos: IEEE Computer Society, 2008. p. 722-727, 6 pp.
- KOPEČEK, Ivan and Radek OŠLEJŠEK. GATE to Accessibility of Computer Graphics. In Computers Helping People with Special Needs: 11th International Conference, ICCHP 2008. Berlin: Springer-Verlag, 2008. p. 295-302, 8 pp.
- >> all publications