The FIDENTIS Analyst II tool follows the former FIDENTIS project, which started in early 2012 as a collaborative project of experts from various scientific fields (anthropology, biostatistics, computer sciences) aimed at developing guidelines for comparing human faces for the purposes of personal identification and face recognition in forensics. However, during the years of wild development, the project reached efficiency and maintainability limits. The new generation of the tool aims to provide a narrowly focused, efficient tool for police and anthropologists.
Installation and usage:
- Download and install OpenJDK 17 or Oracle JDK 17 (also tested on Oracle JDK 11)
- Download and unpack the latest FIDENTIS Analyst 2 release.
- Download and unpack the testing data.
fidentisanalyst/bin/fidentisanalyst64.exe(or other variant depending on your OS) and open a human face (an
- Enjoy the tool 🙂
- Gitlab project
- Architecture and API documentation
- Development rules
- Requirements: Oracle JDK 17 or OpenJDK 17, maven, git.
- Radek Ošlejšek: Researcher, software architect
- Jiří Sochor: Researcher, computer graphics supervisor
- Petra Urbanová: Anthropologist, domain expert
- Samuel Smoleniak: Similarity analysis of human faces using cutting planes, Bachelor’s thesis, 2023
- Kateřina Žárská: Interactive manipulation with human faces and their feature points in 3D, Bachelor’s thesis, 2023
- Jakub Kolman: Procrustes Analysis of 3D Human Faces, Master’s thesis, 2022
- Matej Kovár: Project-oriented workflow for FIDENTIS Analyst 2, Bachelor’s thesis, 2022
- Enkh-Undral EnkhBayar : Batch similarity computation of 3D scans of human faces, Bachelor’s thesis, 2022
- Dominik Ráček: 3D cutting plane for the analysis of human faces, Bachelor’s thesis, 2022
- Daniel Schramm: Facial similarity with anatomical priorities, Master’s thesis, 2022
- Richard Pajerský: User Interface for the Visual Control of the Superimposition of 3D Human Faces, Bachelor’s thesis, 2021
- Mária Kocúreková: Iterative Superimposition of Triangular Networks Using Kd-Trees, Bachelor’s thesis, 2021
- Natália Bebjaková: Fidentis II – design of GUI and symmetry estimate, Bachelor’s thesis, 2020
- Matej Lukeš: Development of core data models.
- Marek Bařinka: Development of core data models.
- … and students solving ongoing Bachelor’s and Master’s theses