2020 – 2022
Research of New Technologies to Increase the Capabilities of Cybersecurity Experts.
The goal of this project is to research methods and develop software for enhancing cybersecurity knowledge and skills. The software enables designing and running a new format of hands-on training using cybersecurity games. Automation and adaptivity of the learning process within these games will individualize the training and increase the number of trainees. The results of the project will be used to improve the competencies of experts who are in charge of securing the Czech cyberspace.
- Funded by Ministry of the Interior of the CR, Grant no. VI20202022158.
- Role: Member of the research team, leader of the work package “SW for the evaluation of cybersecurity training”.
2018 – 2022
CyberSecurity, CyberCrime and Critical Information Infrastructures Center of Excellence.
Center of Excellence.
- Funded by Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports of the CR, Grant no. CZ.02.1.01/0.0/0.0/16_019/0000822.
- Role: Member of implementation team (academic staff).
2018 – 2020
TEVOGS – Vehicle onboard guidance system.
Systém TEVOGS R10 (Vehicle Onboard Guidance System) je systém, získávající vlastní polohová data o vlastních cílech v omezené oblasti a získává jako vstup souhrn polohových dat o jiných cílech z jiných systémů. Vytváří společné zobrazení, které je k dispozici všem cílům a na tomto základě jsou vytvářeny další funkcionality v rámci systému) letištní systém pro lokalizaci a navigaci letištních vozidel a jiných mobilních prostředků operujících na provozní ploše letiště a pro komunikaci mezi takovými prostředky, vzdálenými pevnými prostředky (obsluha čidla, zařízení; pozorovatelna),provozním dispečinkem a případně dalšími vstupujícími složkami. Systém využívá pro mobilní komunikaci technologii IEEE 802.16 (obchodní označení WiMAX), která je nastavena aby splňovala požadavky kladené standardy AeroMACS.
- Funded by Ministry of Industry and Trade of the CR, Grant no. CZ.01.1.02/0.0/0.0/16_084/0010327.
- Role: Member of the research team.
2016 – 2019
Simulation, detection, and mitigation of cyber threats endangering critical infrastructure.
The project aims at research and development of tools for economically-and-time efficient simulation of real Critical Information Infrastructures (CIIs), detecting of cyber-threats, and then mitigation. The created tools will provide support for automated preparation and execution of security teams’ training and exercises. Created results will improve the technical and professional cyber-security preparedness of the Czech Republic in the terms of CII protection.
- Funded by Ministry of Interior of the CR, Grant no. VI20162019014.
- Role: Co-investigator (leader at FI MU, software architect, head of the “visualization” research team).
2013 – 2015
Cybernetic Proving Ground (KYPO)
Ministry of Interior Award for the exceptional results in the field of security research.
Cybernetic Proving Ground (CPG) is a project of applied research. It aims to develop a unique environment intended for the research and development of methods for cyber attack protection. Utilizing a cloud environment, it will be possible to simulate complex cyberattacks against real networks and IT infrastructures and then to analyze these attacks. The polygon will be usable for the development of new security tools as well as for the training of security teams. This project reacts to the current demands of the National Security Authority of the Czech Republic, Ministry of the Interior of CR and security teams (government and national CSIRT/CERT) under the strategic goals and obligations of CR in EU.
- Funded by Ministry of Interior of the CR, Grant no. VG20132015103.
- Role: Co-investigator (leader at FI MU, head of the “visualization” research team).
2009 – 2011
Triangulated models in service of haptic and virtual reality
- Funded by Czech Science Foundation, Grant no. 201/09/0097.
- Role: Member of the research team.
2007 – 2010
Dialogue generation of web presentations and graphics for visually impaired people
The basic idea of the project consists in developing web presentations and graphics through a dialogue, therefore in a way that is fully feasible for blind users.
- Funded by Czech Science Foundation, Grant no. 201/07/0881.
- Role: Member of research team (responsibility for the graphical part and semantic modeling).
2006 – 2011
CPG – Center of Computer Graphics
A cooperation project in the Czech Republic between Masaryk University (Brno), Brno University of Technology, Czech Technical University (Prague) and University of West Bohemia (Pilsen).
- Funded by Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports of the CR, Grant no. LC06008.
- Role: Participation in research.
2006 – 2008
Generic OO Architectures in the Computer Graphics and Virtual Reality
Various applications of computer graphics have different requirements for the description of virtual scenes and graphic architecture. Therefore, real projects use their own specific and often monolithic solutions that are not easily extensible or modifiable. However, methods of software analysis propose many techniques and tools for the development of reusable pieces of software. The goal of this project is to exploit these techniques in order to propose generic architectures unifying several fields of computer graphics.
- Funded by Czech Science Foundation, Grant no. 201/06/P247.
- Role: Principal investigator (post-doc grant).
1999 – 2004
Human-computer interaction, dialog systems and assistive technologies
The aim of the research proposal is an integrated approach to HCI. In this framework, the main task is to combine techniques developed in the VR field with the techniques built in NLP and dialogue systems area. Special attention will be paid to the assistive technologies (directed to the improvement of life standards and support of handicapped). The combination of the research in VR, NLP, DGS field using both written and spoken the natural language will yield a number of new research results and will contribute to society. In this regard, a reasonable impact of the results on the international forum can be expected.
- Funded by Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports of the CR, Grant no. VZ MSM 143300003.
- Role: Participation in research (young researcher).